Duration: 2 Years
a) Medical Surgical Nursing
b) Obstetric & Gynaecological Nursing
c) Child Health (Paediatric) Nursing
d) Mental Health (Psychiatric) Nursing
e) Community Health Nursing
Intake Capacity: 25 (5 In Each Speciality)
For Govt. quota seats, the candidate has to face the Entrance Test conducted by State Slelection Committee and after qualifying the candidate the test the candidate will be selected on the basis oof merit list through the Central Counselling.
- The candidate should be a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife or equivalent to any State Nursing Registration Council.
- The minimum education requirement shall be B.Sc. Nursing/Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing with minimum 55% aggregate marks from the institution recognised by the INC/State Nursing Council. 5% relaxation in case of SC/ST candidates.
- In case a cadidate has registered his/her name in other State Nursing Council, he/she has to register under ONMRC and submit his/her Reciprocal Registration Certificate to the Institution within two months from the last date of Admission.
- Minimum one year of work experience after Basic B.Sc. Nursing or one year of work experience prior or after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
(a) 1 (One) year Work Experience will be counted w.e.f. from the date of RN/RM registration from the concerned State Nursing Council to last date of receipt of application form.
(b) In Clinical: Working as Staff Nurse from any Govt. Hospital, Govt. Undertaking Hospital/Public Sector Undertaking Hospital and Referral Hospital/ESI Hospital approved by the State Govt./Govt. of India for treatment of their employees.
c) In Teaching: Working as a Tutor/Clinical Instructor from INC/State Nursing Council recognised Institution.
- Candidate shall be medically fit for the course.
- Must have passed Odia up to M.E. standard in case of Govt. Institution and Govt. Quota seats in Private Institutions.
- Both male and female candidates are eligible to apply (10% seats reserved for male candidates).
- In Service candidate working in Govt./Public sector must have to obtain a "No Objection Certificate (NOC)" from the appointing Authority/Competent Authority to undergo the Course.
After completion of this course, the basic areas of getting employment are Research Units, Teaching Faculty in School/College/University and Senior Position in nursing cadre of large Hospitals & International Placement.